pipe crimper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phatdonkey

Dec 15, 2014
West Norriton, PA
Hey everyone,

I have yet another question as the install of my new Jotul Oslo rapidly approaches.

Im installing it myself and just got my flex king pro liner and tee kit today from FedEx. I hate FedEx! No offense if someone on here works there, but these turkeys drove all around my neighborhood with the liner on their truck for delivery for 2 days! Finally got it on the third day since it has been at the FedEx location 14 minutes from my house.

Anyway, by chatting with a friendly Oslo owner i realize i have a problem with my tee. The tee has no crimps on the end of the snout. The other Oslo owner advised me it will need to be crimped to fit into the Oslo collar. Anyone know of a way or a tool that i can crimp the tee snout with? I will also have to cut it a bit shorter than stock to set the stove where i want it.

Any info will be greatly appreciated. I will be headed to home depot tomorrow to see if they have anything to buy or rent.

Jeremy

I got one at HD when I was trying to modify an appliance adapter. You might want to practice on something first.

Great! HD is right up the road i will get some tomorrow. I will have a bit to practice with. I have to shorten the tee snout a bit so i can test crimp the original end, cut it back to length, then practice on the other side of the cutoff piece. I also have a ton of 6" duct work from the crawl space that i replaced with insulated flexible ducts. I would suppose i can practice on that too even though its not stainless steel.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.