PIPE INSTALLATION ON INSERT.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dakotarnk

Aug 30, 2007
I am trying to hook up the chimney to my lopi answer insert but when I get it into the zc fireplace there is very little room to get it hooked up. I can get my hand back there but I can not get it to push down on the collar. Any suggestions? thanks

Usually in a situation like that if it is started in the flue collar you can settle it in by going up top and rotating the liner a little bit while applying a small amount of downward pressure. Sometimes they just drop in by rotating the liner.

After you have a couple of screws in the flue collar go back up and take the liner weight back off of it and button down the top plate and cap.

The inserts I have worked with you can take the air tubes and baffle out, then stick your hand up through the hole in the top of the stove to line it up.

jtp10181 said:
The inserts I have worked with you can take the air tubes and baffle out, then stick your hand up through the hole in the top of the stove to line it up.

With a good glove on that hand. That stainless WILL slice and dice your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.