pipe says 450F digi temp says 600F....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky

Nov 4, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Ok so, the other night, when I had the stove running, with my Magic Heat Box, (we call it the 'box') I have my temperature thingy above the box... everything I have read says, 200F and you get creosote build up... so I keep it around like 300F...

Well earlier that day I was blowing leaves off my shed roof which is about 2ft lower than my main roof on my garage (flat roof)

so the ladder was already there... I decided, to crawl up there, and tale my pipes temp...

inside the pipe, my digital thermometer readed around 600-630F while the magnet in my garage read around 450...

Should I get a new magnet?

I also noticed that my cap was a little dirty, so since its gonna be a nice week end i figured id clean that...

Nope sounds normal. The outside of the pipe will read lower than the inside temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.