Pipe vent?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IIFAST4U

Feb 27, 2008
Western, RI
OK this may be a stupid question? I have posted another topic about my 3 choices of pellet stoves. I am not sure where in my home I am going to put it yet. I could put it where my wood stove is and remove the wood stove but I would have to run the vent pipe at a 90 degree coming out of the stove then about 30 degrees down to go out under a window.

My other location option is in my living room but I have two choices of venting One go out to the front of the house not sure if that is going to look so good even if I paint it. The other wall on the outside is where my electric and cable come in to the house what kind of clearance would I need?

Thanks
Shawn

I don't want to buy a stove then find out I cannot use it. I have limited options. And wanted some suggestions before I purchase the stove.

Thanks
Shawn

Going down with a vent pipe is a no no. If you put the pellet stove where the wood stove is, could you not go up and vent into the wood stove chimney? Installation manuals are available online for many stoves. They would tell you clearances to gas meters. My manual says 3' clearance on the sides and 15' above gas meters and lines. It say nothing about clearance to electrical lines or meter bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.