piping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

farmboy57

Sep 8, 2011
central ny
Could i use 2 45 angled pipes together to go out side,i want to side step the out side chimney. The set up would be stove 45 to 45, pipe, direct vent will this work.vista flame 170

From what I've heard that won't work. Either straight out, or 90 up and out.

farmboy57 said:
Could i use 2 45 angled pipes together to go out side,i want to side step the out side chimney. The set up would be stove 45 to 45, pipe, direct vent will this work.vista flame 170

Yes I would think that will work fine. Hooter04 is taking a very literal intreptation of "straight out". Add up all your
pipe lengths to get your EVL and stay within the install manual specs.

Read your owners manual and understand the EVL. It is not a total lineal length but a formula.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
Read your owners manual and understand the EVL. It is not a total lineal length but a formula.

Eric
1' of vertical pipe = EVL of .5
1' of Horiz. pipe = EVL of 1
45 degree elbow = EVL of 2.5
90 degree elbow = EVL of 5

Anything that adds up to 15 or more needs an upgrade to 4" pipe.

Thanks it is a 4 inch pipe , talked to the stove shop all set will try and post before and after picts when done. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.