Pittsburgh eagle update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osagebow

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2012
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Out walking the dog yesterday and heard an odd sound - a whirring. Looking up, I see two eagles coasting wingtip to wingtip. Their spiral together was creating the whir... Lived here 20 years and the first time I've heard that:)

Reactions: osagebow
They are making a huge comeback here. I have seen two the past year.

Out walking the dog yesterday and heard an odd sound - a whirring. Looking up, I see two eagles coasting wingtip to wingtip. Their spiral together was creating the whir... Lived here 20 years and the first time I've heard that:)

They may have been a mating pair. Their courtship is something else. It can lead to death if they are not careful.

They may have been a mating pair. Their courtship is something else. It can lead to death if they are not careful.

Isn't that the truth of all marriages? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: firefighterjake
Isn't that the truth of all marriages? ;)
indeed! My wife, Lisa, walking with my boys and I, saw redtails courting several weeks ago. The male (guess) was tiny. I tell my kids " The big one that keeps screaming is the female" My Youngest grins, looks at my wife and says "Big and screaming? We ' ll call her Lisa" ;lol we all lost it. Except Lisa.

Status
Not open for further replies.