Pizza oven in process (how to overdo it)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Estimating 2 mins, 3 tops. With the coals spread to the sides, and a couple of pieces of kindling on top- it's really something to see.

It's funny- 1 1/2 - 2 hours to heat it up, 2 minutes to cook.

Reactions: Jags
Way Cool
I am so jealous right now ;sick

when I fire mine for reference, the floor is 800 or so and the dome gets over 1000. one minute pizza

ps really nice job

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
Estimating 2 mins, 3 tops. With the coals spread to the sides, and a couple of pieces of kindling on top- it's really something to see.

It's funny- 1 1/2 - 2 hours to heat it up, 2 minutes to cook.
Sounds like the oven is at about 750-800F with that short time. Well done.

Sounds like the oven is at about 750-800F with that short time. Well done.

We have a gas-fired pizza stone pizza oven where I work.
The sweet spot for the temperature is about 425 for the stone & about 575 for the dome.
It takes us about 4 minutes to cook a 16" pizza (well, 4 or 5 16" pizzas).
I would agree with begreen on his temperature assessment.
Very nice & very jealous.

Grew up in Buffalo and still have an affinity for the hometown teams. First Hockey game I went to was a Sabres/Bruins game. Tied 4-4. Used to always joke as a kid that we were going to the fights tonight in the hopes a Sabres/Bruins game will break out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adios Pantalones
Status
Not open for further replies.