Pizza thread # 237

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osagebow

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2012
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Just wanted to "bump" this topic/idea for some of the new members that may not be hip. I know I appreciated seeing one like it last year. Spun lots of pies back in the day but it never occurred to me to cook in the stove. Just need a pizza stone, lots of cornmeal and a wooden peel. Unless you can use 2 spatulas like chopsticks.

Need to get me a peel. almost lost my pizza! Also, tough to do a traditional crust without a peel. These are rather thick for that reason. Made some bread also but the minions practically stole it out of the stove.

temporary-35.jpg

Pep only with store-bought sauce- for the minions

temporary-33.jpg

kalamatas, feta and roasted peppers for the wife.

temporary-34.jpg

pep, kalamatas and peppers with super garlic/tomato sauce for me. Forgot the shrooms....d'oh!

Cool. I bet of you had to rely on your stove as a primary cooking device one could get pretty creative......We make pizza all the time although I bake mine in the oven....I made pizzas for 4 years as a young man. A skill that never goes away although I am definitely not ready for the Friday night rush. Feta is damn good on pizza

I am dying to have a backyard brick oven one day........check out fornobravo.com very cool stuff........

Cool. I bet of you had to rely on your stove as a primary cooking device one could get pretty creative......We make pizza all the time although I bake mine in the oven....I made pizzas for 4 years as a young man. A skill that never goes away although I am definitely not ready for the Friday night rush. Feta is damn good on pizza

I am dying to have a backyard brick oven one day........check out fornobravo.com very cool stuff........

Those are nice - I did a short stint at a chain called "The Italian Oven" in Pittsburgh that had similar ovens and a great product, but they went under. Loved cooking in those things. Ran across the kitchen once to keep a guy from throwing in a chunk of wolmanized 4x4 that somehow got in the wood pile. I want to retire and get a food truck with one on it someday LOL...

Reactions: Boog
I made this pie tonight, the sauce and dough were made 3 days ago. I used to make pizza a couple times a week, took a break but am getting the bug back. I have plans to make a brick oven this summer.
image.jpg

Bfunk - That there is one fine lookin' pie!

What kind of dog is that- A Newfoundland?

Man those pizza's look delicious!

cool thread. Pizza oven truck is something I have thought of as well. Nice pie....bfunk.

Bfunk - That there is one fine lookin' pie!

What kind of dog is that- A Newfoundland?
Thanks, i have been making home made pizza for years. He is a Leonberger, A mix of St. Bernard, Newfoundland and Great Pyrenees.

Reactions: osagebow
Status
Not open for further replies.