pizza time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CTwoodnpelletburner said:
jdeuel said:
I always wanted to try a 'Dirty Steak'... I don't think I'd do it in my wood stove, but maybe in the old-fashioned fireplace in the living room with a cookie sheet under the grate... Here's a link.

~jd

Very interesting. I have cooked taters and roasted onions like that but not meat. Closest I have come is cooking chicken on the rocks next to a campfire.

I do not think you will need a cookie sheet under the grate. I will stick with my Firechief camp grill that I slide right in the fireplace.

That's a cool grill. I was thinking about the cookie sheet underneath to catch any drippings (fat) that runs down-otherwise, the wonder-dog will be sniffing in there for months. She 'found' the drip bucket on my Traeger pellet smoker, and it's been like doggie-crack for her ever since...

~jd

Everybody's talking about food and your making me hungry...how about some woodstove food
cooking pics. %-P

Status
Not open for further replies.