Place to install solar in Massachusetts needed.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbcijim

Mar 10, 2008
Schuylkill County, Pa
If any of you have a location where I could install a minimum of 200KW of solar anywhere in the state of Massachusetts post here or send me a PM.

I own 2 systems in Pennsylvania (200KW and 100KW) and am looking to install a system in Massachusetts due to your positive SREC market.

I would need a minimum of 3/4 acre (which we would be willing to fence) or 20,000 square feet of roof (commercial or industrial building). I could sell the electric back to you if you need it at below market prices or we could potentially have the electric company buy it from us (looking into that option).

We'd also be willing to buy a small piece of ground for it or rent the ground. If you have a 100 acre farm my guess is this probably won't work but we'd be willing to look into it.

There is a fairly large chance we could take the project to 500KW - 1 MW range, so if you have a commercial/industrial building with 5 acres of extra land you don't need or a 20,000 to 200,000+ sft roof you would be perfect for this.

Talk to the Boy Scouts at Treasure Valley in Rutland, MA. They just entered a deal to install a 4.5MW array (30 acres) with Nexamp. The still have 1570 acres of land to spare.

Oh, and just read in our local paper DGCleanpower has proposed another array in Rutland. 2Mwatt array on 20 acres of private land. Looks like our small town of Rutland will be the solar capital of the Northeast pretty soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.