Plated Englander NCL- 30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksnipe

Jan 20, 2008
Bayfield Co. WI.
Englander's website shows a Gold Plated Door with Gold Plated legs, has anyone ever seen a Nickel Plated Door with Nickel Plated legs. I would think this would look awesome.. Thoughts

I think, not sure, that I saw something recently that said they were doing away with the gold doors and legs. I have never known of anybody buying them.

If you need to clear out some shelf space those things are taking up Mike, my new 30 is sitting on the dock in Chantilly, VA. :cheese:

The Mrs. wants the nickel ones!

BrotherBart said:
If you need to clear out some shelf space those things are taking up Mike, my new 30 is sitting on the dock in Chantilly, VA. :cheese:

Bart did you buy another NC-30 and if so why?

Ray

raybonz said:
Bart did you buy another NC-30 and if so why?

Ray

I have wanted one on that flue in the basement for years. Actually I wanted their wood furnace but they have never gotten around to re-doing it as a re-burn unit so I finally gave up. It will sit down there in the box until Fall. And I will sell the two little Jotuls around then. They are fun to burn in but no staying power or horsepower. Likes myself some big honkin steel stoves. The little F100 was used for heating a small warehouse that collapsed in the big snow storm in 2010. Didn't hurt the stove but trashed the warehouse.

Before we moved the new NCL - 30 the Door & firebricks were removed for easier handling, I have this door off looking at it & thinking brushed or polished nickel & the legs. I have been online looking at various brands of stoves with nickel doors & legs.... interesting appearance. I'm going to check around for a cost of plating the legs & door in polished nickel & put the nickel trim & spring handles on..

You can buy chrome spray paint. It would look spiffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.