Platform Construction Advice...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanderLaan

Jul 13, 2011
Central IL
I want to build a platform for my new 10CPM. I intend to use ledgestone veneer on the wall behind it and around the edge of the platform. I am going to use stone tiles for the top. Can I simply construct the platform out of 2x6s and plywood with Durock underneath? Is there anything special that I need to take into consideration? I read the owner's manual and it says nothing about this, just the minimum clearances for windows, doors, etc.

Thanks for the help.

Page 12 of the manual governs floor protection, it has to meet UL specifications.

You might want to ask their technical support about which standard and then check your local code enforcement folks to see if they have a stricter one. You always use the stricter one. That way you comply with both and all stove certifications are maintained.

Whoops! I actually read that and figured that the stone qualified as a non-combustible. I will send a note to Enlander and see what they say.

VanderLaan said:
Whoops! I actually read that and figured that the stone qualified as a non-combustible. I will send a note to Enlander and see what they say.

There are two that I frequently see reference to, one is for ember protection and the other is for thermal protection. You will need to do is find out which England is talking about and then call your code enforcement folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.