New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Platinums $248/ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for updating bogieb!
I cycled back in Platinums this week for the last 2 days. They are a GOOD pellet for the $ (aside from the amount of dust and fines I have been getting) but they are not as hot as barefoot.

One other observation I wanted to ask about.....did the platinums leave a BLACK soot/coating on the walls of your stove at all? I switched from barefoot to platinum multiple times this season and barefoot leaves a white/grey ash residue, while platinums are black. I am curious if this is indicative of me requiring a burn adjustment (HW to SW) or just a different ash color??

No black soot at all with the Platinums - a light gray. The FSU's always leave a black soot. Pres-to's are light gray/tan and ThermaGlo's leave a reddish residue..

Reactions: Pete Zahria
All in all I am pleased with the Platinum Pellets and am happy I decided to make the journey
And we are happy that you like them, and for sharing your thoughts!
There is nothing worse than recommending a product,
and then having someone really not like them...
Henry and I, like the others here, always try to shoot straight, but truth is,
you can't make everyone happy all the time!

Cold night coming up... single numbers.. turn them up a little!!
Thanks,

Dan ;)

Reactions: bogieb
Pete - are you associated with the Platinum pellet manufacture? I am just curious if softwood prefers more or less air.....or has noone bothered to try and test the difference?

Pete - are you associated with the Platinum pellet manufacture?
No... I work with a dealer...

As for the difference in air, I have very little first hand experience with Hardwood pellets.
We had some, they did not move, nobody ever asks for them anymore.
We only sell Canadian softwoods......

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.