Playing in the Dirt

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

man of stihl

Feb 28, 2010
Mississippi
Well...I got the tomatoes planted in the garden yesterday, Miracle Grow applied, and cages in place....now I am sitting around waiting on a ripe one with a couple of slices of bread and some mayonaise for that first "mater sa'mich"!!

And salt & pepper...(per Zapny...thanks ;-) )

4519005023_3a5af6c3cf.png

Man of Stihl said:
Well...I got the tomatoes planted in the garden yesterday, Miracle Grow applied, and cages in place....now I am sitting around waiting on a ripe one with a couple of slices of bread and some mayonaise for that first "mater sa'mich"!!

4519005023_3a5af6c3cf.png

Looks great, throw some pepper and salt on that mater sa'wich.

zap

Mmmm, fresh tomatoes. I can almost taste them already! Too early here to plant any in the ground yet. Another month, at least.

Ha-
I've gt a dozen Romas started on the living room coffee table shoved over by the window.
Can't go out until memorial day weekend or later, here.
I don't dare put them out in the greenhouse - it still gets pretty cold in there at night.

Love tomato sammiches myself ! Have had frost here last 2 nights so have to wait..

Ray

We have to wait until after April 30th to get them in the ground, so they are still growing in the greenhouse. Had to start transplanting them to peat pots today, they want to grow! I did put some squash and broccoli out today, will cover them at night when it's too chilly.

Mine are in the Green house. I look at this picture from last year & drool.

Attachments

• tombroc2.jpg
    tombroc2.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 319
Nothing finer than cutting grass and grabbing a vine ripe tomato on the fly. We don't plant here until Memorial Day...even that late it's a crap shoot.

bogydave said:
Mine are in the Green house. I look at this picture from last year & drool.

Mmmmm..mmmm..man them fresh maters on a sa'mich, and that broccoli..deep fried & dipped in a little ranch dressing, them cucumbers soaked in some vinegar or on a fresh salad...whew, I got to hush!!!!!

I tried growing tomatoes and peppers in the greenhouse last year.
The aphids and bugs ate well.
It's not anywhere near as easy as it looks. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.