Pleasant Hearth 1800 sq ft Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrowningBAR

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
San Tan Valley, AZ
I was in Lowes today and I came across the stoves. First time I took a close look at the Pleasant hearth stoves. The 1800 surprised me as to how small the firebox is. It is rated to heat the same amount of space as the Heritage and supposedly gives off more BTUs.

Clearly, this isn't possible. The firebox looked to be about the same size as the Intrepid.

It should have about a 1.8 cu ft usable firebox, shallow but wide. I think the Intrepid is around 1.3 cu ft.

It should have about a 1.8 cu ft usable firebox, shallow but wide. I think the Intrepid is around 1.3 cu ft.
I think the usable area of the firebox was no bigger than the Intrepid's.

The usable area of the Heritage was around 1.5-1.8 and it was much, much larger than the Peasant Hearth stove.

Pffft. We all know btu and sq ft ratings tell the story.

I'm amazed at how small most stoves are.

I think the usable area of the firebox was no bigger than the Intrepid's.

The usable area of the Heritage was around 1.5-1.8 and it was much, much larger than the Peasant Hearth stove.

That sounds more like the small PH. The medium unit should have about a 22" x 13" 10 or11" firebox.

That sounds more like the small PH. The medium unit should have about a 22" x 13" 10 or11" firebox.
They had the small one next to it. And yeah, that was tiny.

I'm amazed at how small most stoves are
I've mentioned it several times myself. Stoves and cars always getting smaller. I realize increased efficiency has allowed smaller stoves to do the work of larger ones but I am reminded everytime I go over to my neighbors machine shop and walk in to that large building with 12' ceilings, and see that big ole Hutch Rebel , there is no replacement for displacement.

Reactions: jeff_t
Status
Not open for further replies.