Pleasant Hearth or Englander?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

papetk

Dec 11, 2012
Hi all, glad I found you guys.

I have a 30x40 detached "shop" where I work on all my projects. It is insulated very well and has 11 foot ceilings. Originally I was going to put in a hanging propane forced air heater, but am recently switching gears. The propane can cause moisture issues and rust my tools etc. so I am now looking at a pellet stove.

I only mainly need it for the weekends and some weekday nights to bring the temp to around 60 or so. I live in the mountains of northern Virginia so it can be a cold winter or a mild one.

I don't want/need anything fancy and am looking between an Englander or the Pleasant Hearth. Thinking I need the 1500 sq ft models. Both are priced very similar and there is plenty of info on the englanders but not on the Pleasant Hearth. They are made in the USA and the literature looks good online. Does anyone have an opinion?
Thanks in advance.
-Tim

Thanks Mike, I appreciate your bias and can't blame you. Are you familiar with the Pleasant Hearth and is there anything you can tell me that differentiates your product from them?

i was being kinda "tongue in cheek" with my response. as for PH , i really do not know a whole lot about them ive seen a couple of them in our local TSC they look to be reasonably well made, but i really wouldnt be able to be "comparative" between their units and mine, to be honest as well im not sure it would be "kosher" to do so being biased as i obviously am.

hopefully more members will see this thread and come in to comment on it, i was really just giving it a "bump" back to the top by replying and kidding a bit when i did so

Well, I`ve been involved with my neighbors 25PDV right from the new install, maybe 3 yrs ago now and all I can say it`s an awesome stove ,especially for a garage workshop area. OK, you gotta shut it down for a few minutes every so often (2-4 days) for a quick burnpot scrape and ash removal but it certainly don`t take long. It sure can blast out the heat. I`ve got the smaller one in my 15ft X 24 ft garage/shop and I love it but the 25 PDV would so much better..

Ha ha, I knew that and would expect that!

The mere fact that the Senior Tech at Englander is a frequent participant here, answers emails, countless questions, and PMs when he can would be enough for me....plus I've never heard of PH.....

The mere fact that the Senior Tech at Englander is a frequent participant here, answers emails, countless questions, and PMs when he can would be enough for me....plus I've never heard of PH.....

Agreed...the OP basically answered his own question! lol

Englander....hands down!

To the OP....if you decide on the Englander, here's a place that many of us have bought ours. They're refurbed units that Mike & his Tech people personally go through. Come w/ factory warranty & free shipping to nearby loading dock. AMFM Energy are good people to do business with, and save a ton of $$ in the process to buy exhaust parts & pellets with!

http://www.amfmenergy.com/manufacturer-refurbished-stoves.html

Reactions: slvrblkk
Status
Not open for further replies.