Pleasant Surprise Today at TSC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RevRon

Oct 22, 2013
Southern Ohio
I was alerted that my Local Tractor Supply who had been carrying AWF pellets started getting them from a source much closer, in Kentucky, and as a result the price had dropped. The AWF pellets were $219.50/ton and the new pellets were $214.50/ton. It wasn't much of a price difference but I needed pellets and now seemed as good a time as any. I bought two tons and when I started to unload the first load, I noticed the bag read Somersets! I am relatively new to burning pellets but have heard Somersets are a step above the rest of the competition. The fact that the require less energy to make it to my stove is also a plus in my book. Anyways, I was pleased to see that these new "discount" pellets were of a high quality and from a local source.

Status
Not open for further replies.