Please help. 5502 King Pellet Stove Problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eboucher92

Sep 25, 2016
Old town
Hello, is there anyone that can help me out? We bought a brand new King Pellet Stove model 5502. We have used it a hand full of times to stay warm this past winter, we cleaned it before we stopped use this spring and made sure to have it still in new condition before this fall. However, my husband and I tried to use it tonight and have run into a problem. On the automatic settings, like we used last year, it will turn on like normal and start burning a fire and heating up. The problem is that when it heats up it doesn't then blow out any of the air, it instead just keeps heating up and cracking and expanding. Then when we shut it down, it begins to start blowing out the warm air. Very confused as to what's going on with it! Any one have any answers? It's still pretty much brand new so there shouldn't be any reason for problems yet!

Sorry, sidetracked by an injured pup...

Has the stove sat plugged in all summer? Is it on surge protection?

My first step would be to get a new thermistor. Unplug the stove before working on it. Thermistor is the heat sensor that will trigger the convection blower and/or shut down the stove if it goes overtemperature.

Beyond that, you likely have a board issue..

Edit: Still on warranty? Contacted USSC?

Status
Not open for further replies.