PLEASE HELP HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY PELLET STOVE AND LOOKING FOR A

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ib_rpierce

Dec 2, 2010
new hampshire
I have a Yankee Lopi Pellet stove it seems to wotk fine but lately a few times it seems to start smoking quite heavily… I Cleaned all the smoke pipe and we keep the stove clean so hopefully someone will have an idea…The smoke seems to come right out from the tubes at the top where the heat is
blown out…please help its cold and i don’t trust this thing with my family !!!! TYTYTY

Go back and edit your post title to something like "My Lopi Yankee has smoke from the front", or something like that....you will get more responses if members know what stove you're talking about.

As for the smoke, are you SURE it's coming from the convection tubes? Is this only during start-up? Have you checked the door gasket?

The only way I know that smoke could be getting into them is a crack in the heat exchanger.

What year is the stove? Did you buy buy it new, or used?

Any other info you can add will help.

Get a flash light and look down the tubes. See if your child put something(like there toys which melt) down in there. Ask me how I know this? :)

Could also be pellets that may have spilled out of the hopper down into the stove area. But I'm betting its a toy or something.

A busted vent pipe joint seal or bad combustion blower gasket could allow smoke to be sucked into the convection system.

Also a plugged combustion blower might cause smoke to build up in the fire box and exit through the air wash or a failing door gasket.

Could you describe your cleaning routine for the stove?

Status
Not open for further replies.