Please Help Heatilator A36 prefab convert to wood stove insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pmoynahan

Oct 12, 2014
Virginia
We currently have a heatilator A36 fireplace with a fan kit. My wife and i purchased this house last year with this prefab already here. We are looking at quadrafire insert. I just would like some feedback on this conversion. I know I need to get the chimney relined and the house we have is 3500sq ft. So my dilema is the install of the stove and relining could equal out closemto an outdoor wood burner. Please help!

Thsanks! Any preference on inserts? I want to be able to get a fairly big firebox and heat output. I guess I will compare specs to see what fits .

Good luck finding a large one to fit in a zc unit the fire boxes are pretty small Just make sure you dont modify the existing unit at all and make sure you dont cover any air inlets they still need to circulate air around that zc unit

Status
Not open for further replies.