Please Help Identify lopi my stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

csierotnik

Dec 10, 2010
Syracuse, NY
I am new to the wood burning so I need your guys help. I bought what I thought was a Lopi answer stove used for 250 bucks. Stove is in good condition. I am trying to find a manual for it but, the inside of the stove looks nothin it g like any of the answer manuals I can find. Inside my stove is the fire box it has like three clay bricks layin in their side going from front to rear on both sides and that is it. It has two pieces of iron shaped like an L on both the left and right side. There are no stouts for burn tubes or any thing. The paperwork the woman gave me said the model was an Answer A-2 and it was bought in 1985. Please help me identify this stove so I can get it hooked up and have the appropriate firebrick in it. I checked for a model number or serial number but there is nothing on the stove except for Lopi on the door. There is no ashpan either. Please Help.

Pictures, dude...........Pictures! Considering its age, (1985?) I'm wondering if it was rebuilt?

-Soupy1957

Pics would definitely help . . . we're very visually oriented here.

Status
Not open for further replies.