Please help identify old hearthstone stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barrettdp

Dec 20, 2008
NE Georgia
Sorry for the low grade pics as they are the only ones available. Also would it be worth it buy compared to a new model. Thanks in advance. Love this site

Attachments

• Hearthstone Pic #1.jpg
    Hearthstone Pic #1.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 2,601
  • Hearthstone Pic #2.jpg
    Hearthstone Pic #2.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,689
  • Hearthstone Pic #3.jpg
    Hearthstone Pic #3.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 1,578
Welcome Barrett.

From the door it's an earlier model, but that's all I know.

I'm thinking value will depend on condition, and I'm interested in what folks will say, because I cannot tell condition at all from the photos. Except that it's rusty and stained, poor thing.

I'm guessing you're going to have to have somebody eyeball it in person, but let's see what the experts say.

Good luck!

Welcome Barrett - looks just like my Mansfield. Not sure about value - how much are they asking. If it is the same size as the Mansfield and in good condition (hard to tell what needs to be done to the stove - how much rust to clean, etc.), then you might do pretty well with it. I've never worked on a stove renovation, but wondering if you could drive it to a local dealer for an inspection. Cheers!

Almost an HI but I dont see a damper handle. Hearthstones website is slow currently. If nothing is cracked and you cant afford a new Hearthstone for $2500-$3500 and take advantage of the tax credit, better efficiency, lifetime warranty, etc, that stove would be worth a few hundred bucks at least. Didnt the HI have 2 doors also? I'm guessing an HII after a few more sips of coffee.

Barret welcome to the forum. How deep is the firebox, it does have a Mansfield look to it, the size of the firebox will allow for better identification.

At first I thought it was very similar to my Hearthstone Heritage 8020 (see pic). This was the model produced before the currently available Heritage. However now it appears the door is smaller on the unit in your photos. Though much of the design is similar.

Personally I'd look for a more recent model, unless the price is outstandingly low. The one in your photos appears to need some clean-up.

Attachments

• hs8020.jpg
    hs8020.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 1,720
Thanks a bunch guys. I should have done more research before I asked here as I think I found out that it is an older Cat Harvest model that was discontinued in the 90's. The seller is asking $500. I don't mind cleaning it up. Does this sound like a decent deal?

If the cat is in good shape, sure. Thats a fine stove. If not, explain the cost of a new cat to the seller and offer them a little less. Again, check the stone for cracks and metal for signs of warping.

Either an older Heritage (noncat) or Harvester (cat).

If the back is all cast Iron it's the Harvester.

southbalto said:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/18119/

Excellent info, SB.

Looks like they were problematic--I guess now we know where the soot stains on the front came from--and worth staying away from unless one wants a project.

Status
Not open for further replies.