Please help...Just bought house with CB OWB with optional oil.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

336mlk

Oct 31, 2015
NJ
Hello,
New OWB owner here. Just bought a house with a CB Classic 5648 and there is an option for oil heat as well. My question is, typically is there a switch that you need to activate if you are going to use the OWB vs if you want to use oil?

Thanks!

mlk

Try the outdoorwoodfurnaceinfo site, there are way more CB owners over there.

Sorry for the delay. Finally got a picture of the boiler and an explanation from the previous owner. The system that is in the basement is a Buderus Logano G215 sitting on top of a Buderus Logalux LT and the burner that is attached to the Logano G215 is a Riello Burner.

So the owner showed me all the "tricks" when he starts up the system on oil and for when we wants to start up the OWB.

But once everything is running I guess the gist of the whole thing is that you keep the water temperature selector for the oil at around 150-160 ish and then for the Wood boiler he kept the temperature at around 180 so as the hot water from the OWB goes into the Buderus setup, since the water temp is already above the temp for the oil heated water, the oil system will not need to run... Then if the water temp from the Boiler drops below that 150-160 temp then the oil system will take over. (I guess at the point you would want to close off the water coming from the OWB because it will just cool down the oil system and just keep it running.

Does that sound about right?

That sounds like how my neighbor has his set up.

If you are not burning wood you may have to keep the water circulating so that the oil boiler keeps the CB form freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.