Please help me decide!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabel

Minister of Fire
Jan 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
I am looking for a second stove for my basement & came across this unit. The guy does not know much about it since he bought it with the house. He does not even know if it is a cat or non-cat stove....

In the second picture is this damage repairable?
What size is the #8 & is it a good performer & over night burner?

Thanks a million for comments!

Attachments

• Jotul1.jpeg
    Jotul1.jpeg
    12.8 KB · Views: 186
  • jotul2.jpeg
    jotul2.jpeg
    12.4 KB · Views: 194
The Jotul 8 preceded the Jotul F400 Castine. It came in several varieties. Is there a UL plate on the back with it's exact model? If it is an 8TDC it is a cat stove. You'll want to examine the interior burn plates carefully to see if they are warped or cracked. Stove parts plus might be able to help with a new collar:
http://www.stovepartsplus.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?

Thanks for the link. I have not seen the stove yet & I plan to see it this weekend. So it is the flue collar that is damaged?

Status
Not open for further replies.