Please help me identify this stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Jan 1, 2010
California
Hi, I just inherited this gas stove and can't find any manufacturer or model number on it. Does anyone recognize it? Thanks.

Attachments

• gas stove.jpg
    gas stove.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 514
With no rating plate its probably not even legal to install.

Take a peek underneath the unit.
Sometimes the rating plate is slid into a small
gap between the valve & the stove body...
If you can't find it, I think JTP 1018 is probably correct.
You won't know HOW to install it.
You need the approved vent - if there is any...
You need the approved clearances to combustibles...
You need the approved floor protection...
You may not even know what the specified fuel is...

Could be an Empire model. Down where the valve is, maybe on a plate there should be a tag with some info. It may be on a metal tag attached to the stove by a steel cable

Hi. Thank you everyone for responding to my problem of identifying a stove. With your help, I finally located a plate that slid out from the bottom with information. Unfortunately, googling the manufacturer "Heatco" and the model "Brookfield" did not yeild any results. Does anyone know anything about this company? Has there been a name change or have they been baught out? Thanks for any help.

Heat tec went out of business years ago. I carried the line for some time and did very well with it. I think they also made un vented units as well .

It is a decent stove- the castings and perhaps the stoves also were made in Germany.
If you need parts of info, you can probably get it at this place since they were the importer way back when:

http://www.homecomfortwarehouse.com/

Brookfield, BTW, is a town up there in VT near Vermont Castings, etc.
The Heatech line was made by the ex-CEO of VC.....

Trivia, Trivia.

Status
Not open for further replies.