please help me pick which PE stove to get(have until tomorrow)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lantland

Oct 7, 2008
Garrison, NY
After 2 weeks of hunting I have found someone with PE stoves.

So my choice is P.E. super 27 for $1750 or the T5 for 50.

My home is $1600sq on two levels. The stove will be going in the living room in the far corner of a opened plan L shaped living, dining and kitchen area.

Thanks in advance.

I suggest the T5.

I do not know the P.E. super 27, but the T5/T6 amazes me by being simple to operate as compared to the Lopi Leyden I have. I also like the T5's toughness and the ability to open the top for various reasons.

Frankly, I think you will be happy either way.

The T6 will give you ETB, and from what others that have them say, its a gentle heat.

Seems to be a typo in there for the T5, what's the price?

Both are good stoves and either stove will do well for you. The T5 is better equipped and more flexible, but the Super 27 is still a good heater if you need to save a bit, yet still want a good quality burner.

I'm IN LOVE with the T5! I'm sure the other model is good as well, but I'm definitely a fan of my new stove! That's a good price, too.

I think you're going to love the new T5 too. Take lots of pictures if you can. It sounds like you are going to give the stove a nice roost.

it's exhausting work putting all this together. Now the next hurdle is to find someone to install it. Had one guy come out to take a look. he said its a 3 week wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.