Please list any steel medium-large free standing stoves that open from the left. Pacific Energy is o

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jay3000

Hearth Supporter
Jul 30, 2008
Greensboro, NC
Thanks for all of your patience on my quest for a new stove.

I narrowed down to a steel stove. All seem to be front load, but my wood bin will have to be on the left.

Seems more ergonomic if the door opens from the left..

Any other steel stoves open that way???

THanks in advance
Jay

Offhand PE is the only one I can think of that puts the door on backwards.

jay3000 said:
BrotherBart said:
Offhand PE is the only one I can think of that puts the door on backwards.

Is that spelled right?? I can't find it.

PE = Pacific Energy

Lopi Liberty. Hinges on the right (correct) side. Rick

Attachments

• stovecat2.jpg
    stovecat2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 209
A few of the Lennox Hearth products open from the left, but not all of them. The Appalachian stove line all open from the left. Harman stoves open from the left, and the top.

I have no experience with these, just reporting this "feature".

By saying "opens from the left", do you mean hinges are located on the righthand side of the door?

I recently purched a PE T6, my understanding that the T serise stoves can be purchased to swing in either direction. I thought others had the hinges located on the right had side as well.

aussieblake

Status
Not open for further replies.