(Please move if in wrong spot) Need help verifying amount of wood deliver please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mroverkill

Feeling the Heat
Aug 10, 2010
Northern nj
overkillauto.com
So this is the first time i ordered wood in 12 years (didn't split due to family medical issues) I ordered 3 cords of wood found a company highly rated (so i was told ) Assured i would be fine by owner but yet here i am

my measurements are 18" splits at 48" high
order was 3 cords of 16-18 splits
I did fill 5 barrels of bark and debris but i dont think that adds up does it ????

have not heard anything from them since friday i just emailed them the same pictures i am posting here

full rows.jpg left side.jpg small splits (2).jpg truck.jpg wood pile.jpg full Barrels.jpg

It's hard to say by the visuals. A cord is 128 cu ft which is the equivalent of a stack 4' x 4' x 8'. That looks like the same size truck that delivered our 3 cords of wood. Our delivery was right on the mark for volume.

What may be debatable is whether this firewood is ready to burn. It doesn't look well-seasoned. Do you have a moisture meter? If so, split some of the larger pieces in half and test the moisture content on the freshly exposed face of the wood. If no meter, do the same and then press the wood up against your cheek. Does it feel cold and damp? If so, it is not ready to burn.

moisture is anywhere between 8-10% to some 18-20% using my meter if you click on the picture you will see the info i have on it

Can't read your notes on pictures. 3 cords should be to one row 72' long 4' high. Thats at 16" splits.
(One cord is 24' long 16" wide.)

Moisture numbers are very low. You re split and measured with the grain?

Can't read your notes on pictures. 3 cords should be to one row 72' long 4' high. Thats at 16" splits.
(One cord is 24' long 16" wide.)
picture 3 is the "kindling" stack that where the low #s are the measurement is 40" x 5' high 18" long split gives me .195 25CU

picture 3 is the "kindling" stack that where the low #s are the measurement is 40" x 5' high 18" long split gives me .195 25CU
An official cord is 128 Cubic feet. Times 3 cords = 384.

my measurements are 18" splits at 48" high
Mrover, just add the length of this stacked pile(s) to the dimensions you gave us and we can help with the calculations to determine how many cord you have.

Does it really matter what we think? If you think you got screwed talk to the guy that sold you the wood. Use a tape measure and show the dimensions of what you got.

Reactions: Isaac Carlson