Please send Snow!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you are getting a new roof Jake. What color did you go with?

I have two different height roofs. The high ones and the low(porch) ones. I put dark green metal on the high ones and wrapped the 2x6 facia with the same colored metal to make it look a little sharper. My wife wanted arch. shingles on the lower roofs so I went with that. As long as I had less maintenance and the snow came off of the higher roofs well, I was happy.

Burnished slate . . . to me it looks like dark gray or light black. ;)

Reactions: ScotO and Gasifier
Ha! Ive had my snows mounted since late October... but don't really have much choice since I still have real summer tires on the car (legacy of pre-kids days ;) )

We keep the snows mounted on steelies. It just happened this year we needed new ones and it took a while to find a decent unmounted set for sale at a decent price. Got em on this week so let it snow!

Huh... it is snowing here tonight. It is supposed to turn to rain tomorrow afternoon though, and snow/rain on and off through the week. Supposed to dump several feet in the Cascades, so I can start skiing again. I like to drive to and play in the snow, but I do not like to live in the stuff. My cat does not like the snow, as he cannot hunt for his favorite food: voles. He gets cabin fever pretty fast here.

We did get some snow the last three days, rain with sleet & snow coming in starting tonight.

Attachments

• 100_6549.JPG
    100_6549.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 100_6548.JPG
    100_6548.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 96
Supposed to snow like s*f* in the next few days in the Midwest. The sleet and snow has mostly melted here now, but temps are dropping again and it is likely doing to dump here again.

Pouring rain here now, what snow we had is washing away. Let it go, let it go, let it go! We are close enough to the coast to get blasted by the 'North Easters, or saved from the west to east snow storms. I don't care to build snowmen, so no use for the snow!

Pouring rain here now, what snow we had is washing away. Let it go, let it go, let it go! We are close enough to the coast to get blasted by the 'North Easters, or saved from the west to east snow storms. I don't care to build snowmen, so no use for the snow!
Since we had a chitty winter last year for snow, hardly any rain over the summer, I'll take a good ole winter just for the water in the spring.

Oscillating here in heat the last 4 days: 32, 46, 33, 42 again now. Snow is gone except the piles from shoveling the sidewalk.

Ask and you shall receive, we received a good 10 inches of snow with more coming.

It looks like the chains will go on the Rhino tomorrow.

It looks like A.S.S.(Another Storm System) will be moving into the east coast late Wednesday & Thursday with the possibility of heavy snow.

I decided to run the trails around the house to see how the Rhino would handle it without chains, it went smooth.

I did get a ic of a deer hanging out just off the back hill.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BURLINGTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER
STORM WARNING FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1
AM EST SUNDAY. THIS REPLACES THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY THAT WAS
PREVIOUSLY IN EFFECT.

* LOCATIONS...SOUTHERN SAINT LAWRENCE COUNTY AND SOUTHERN FRANKLIN
COUNTY NEW YORK.

* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...STORM TOTAL 6 TO 12 INCHES OF SNOW WITH SOME
DRIFTING EXPECTED.

* TIMING...PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CONTINUE TODAY AT VARYING
INTENSITY. WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO INCREASE THIS AFTERNOON...WITH
GUSTS TO 35 MPH LIKELY. THIS WILL INCREASE BLOWING SNOW
POTENTIAL THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH TONIGHT. ACCUMULATING SNOW WILL
TAPER OFF TOWARD MIDNIGHT.

* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS IN AREAS OF SNOW AND
BLOWING SNOW TODAY AND THROUGH THE FIRST HALF OF TONIGHT.

* WINDS...WEST 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH.

* TEMPERATURES...STEADY IN THE LOW TO MID 20S. LOWS 2 TO 8 ABOVE
TONIGHT.
zap

Attachments

• 100_6556.JPG
    100_6556.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 100_6557.JPG
    100_6557.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 100_6561.JPG
    100_6561.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 100_6562.JPG
    100_6562.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 100_6563.JPG
    100_6563.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: albert1029
I was just watching the weather channel, our town of Colton made it on TV for getting 14 inches of snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.