Please som input on some brands

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cielomelo

Oct 19, 2007
north shore,ma
Earlier I requested some info. and I have to say thank you to all, this is the best ever.

Some more feedback on a couple more things, please.

For a pellet stove is Quadra Fire a reputable brand like Harmon.

For wood stoves, I know Hampton and Regency are good, what about Hearthstone and Quadra Fire.

Thanks
:)

I can tell you Quadrafire pellet and wood units are well built and they stand behind their product if anything does go wrong.

First of all Hampton is made by Regency ,just a more decorative cover over the same fire box as a regency Regency is an established company producing a quality Product.

Recently Quadra-fire parent company bought Harman Just what that holds for Harman future is any ones's guess. currently both make good quality stoves.

Add St croix to the pellet stove and Lopi also makes a decent pellet stove Budget minded look at Englander real decent quality for the price and great Tech support.

cielomelo said:
Earlier I requested some info. and I have to say thank you to all, this is the best ever.

Some more feedback on a couple more things, please.

For a pellet stove is Quadra Fire a reputable brand like Harmon.

For wood stoves, I know Hampton and Regency are good, what about Hearthstone and Quadra Fire.

Thanks
:)

Yes, I would say all those brands you mentioned would be considered good. Honestly, it's hard to go wrong with a wood stove. Most are "good". Some are "nicer" than others and have different features.

Pellet stoves are more subject to problems. Some models are not so good when the user is taken into consideration. Know your limitations and understand how the various models work and try to fit the model to your abilities and personality.

BTW, its "Harman", not Harmon. Although Harman knows it's often misspelled and the search engines manage to direct Harmon to Harman. Just a minor detail.

Sean

quad is an extremely solid brand. one of their units took home the "vesta" award at the hPBA show a couple years back. harmon is also just as solid. occasionaly a customer may be looking a certain feature and my units might not have it, rare but it happens, those are usually the 2 names out of my mouth to look at. you cant go wrong with either brand , as long as the dealer is a good one. dealer support in the higher end units should be looked at closely as they would be the service agent in the event of an issue. most should be pretty good, and the units themselves are as good as anything out there.

Don't forget about Pacific Energy (most people forget and ohhh are they jealous of one of the best burning stoves out there). I also have a Quad 5100 which is a great stove also. I would say however with the Extended Burn Technology (which is a small coil that opens up the stove when more draft is needed) the Pacific Energy Summit takes the crown. One things that might scare people away from Pacific Energy is the looks. These stoves might not look as fancy as say Avalon, Lopi or Quad-Fire, but PE stoves give much longer burn times. I also had an Avalon (father in law has Avalon Olympic-great stove, good looks, but burn time less than PE Summit).

I would say if you have a Pacific Energy dealer close, take a look (http://www.pacificenergy.net), looks like today they have 200 dollars off their wood stoves, pretty sweet. Only problem is when you click on find dealer on the web page it gives you an error. I am sure there is a 1-800 number somewhere on the web page to call for a local dealer.

For the Lopi I was impressed with the Endeavor, a stove that pumps out huge amounts of heat. The problem for me was the 2.2 cu foot firebox (a little too small for me). Plus the log size was only 18 inches, once again not enough. But still with the blower this toves not only looked great with the gold trim but pumped a massive amount of heat (very impressed once again)

So my power rankings for what I am experienced with

1. PE Summit
2. Avalon Olympic (do a search on this site for Roosterboy and watch his 15 minute video)
3. Quad 5100
4. Lopi Endeavor
5. Avalon Pendelton

Good Luck and enjoy the shopping!

JFK said:
Don't forget about Pacific Energy (most people forget and ohhh are they jealous of one of the best burning stoves out there). I also have a Quad 5100 which is a great stove also. I would say however with the Extended Burn Technology (which is a small coil that opens up the stove when more draft is needed) the Pacific Energy Summit takes the crown. One things that might scare people away from Pacific Energy is the looks. These stoves might not look as fancy as say Avalon, Lopi or Quad-Fire, but PE stoves give much longer burn times. I also had an Avalon (father in law has Avalon Olympic-great stove, good looks, but burn time less than PE Summit).

I would say if you have a Pacific Energy dealer close, take a look (http://www.pacificenergy.net), looks like today they have 200 dollars off their wood stoves, pretty sweet. Only problem is when you click on find dealer on the web page it gives you an error. I am sure there is a 1-800 number somewhere on the web page to call for a local dealer.

For the Lopi I was impressed with the Endeavor, a stove that pumps out huge amounts of heat. The problem for me was the 2.2 cu foot firebox (a little too small for me). Plus the log size was only 18 inches, once again not enough. But still with the blower this toves not only looked great with the gold trim but pumped a massive amount of heat (very impressed once again)

So my power rankings for what I am experienced with

1. PE Summit
2. Avalon Olympic (do a search on this site for Roosterboy and watch his 15 minute video)
3. Quad 5100
4. Lopi Endeavor
5. Avalon Pendelton

Good Luck and enjoy the shopping!

i left out PE cause i thought was just looking at pellet , reread and see that wood was questioned as well. PE is a top of the line brand and deserves a look. when talking wood, take a look at our 13 series and 30 series too

Status
Not open for further replies.