Plugged in the stove, loaded the pellets, set the temperature AND..... nothing :(

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abrucerd

Aug 22, 2007
Central MA
It was quite a let down... especially after coming home on Sunday to a chilly 55 degree house... I wanted some heat!

Stove was plugged in, but the power light wasn't on. I was nervous that my circuit board was fried, but then I remembered that I had it unplugged all summer.

I started getting frustrated, but then I took the back panel off and jiggled a few of the wires, and it finally lit up. 70 degrees in 15 minutes.

I'm guessing there's a loose connection somewhere, but not being an electrician or Harman technician, I wouldn't know where to begin... which brings me here :)

How concerned should I be? Should I have someone come and take a look at it... is it worth it at this point, or should I wait until the power goes out for good?

Good to be back!

Next time it quits try to jiggle one wire at a time to determine which connection is loose. Sometimes those spade type connections don't get crimped right or they could have been crimped over insulation instead of bare wire.
You have a good start on a do it yourself project.

Status
Not open for further replies.