Plugged it back in....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hossthehermit

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2008
Maine, ayuh, by gorry
....and started it back up this afternoon. 47 degrees, cloudy, off and on rain, 20 knot wind blowing in off the bay. Haven't done a spring clean on it yet, still had a half bag or so of pellets in the hopper. Hey, why not???

hossthehermit said:
....and started it back up this afternoon. 47 degrees, cloudy, off and on rain, 20 knot wind blowing in off the bay. Haven't done a spring clean on it yet, still had a half bag or so of pellets in the hopper. Hey, why not???

I'm paying attention to the temperature and will turn on some heat if it gets too cold in the house to finish brewing my beer. I looked at the weather forecast and originally it looked like I'd have plenty of time to do at least the initial fermentation without worrying about temperatures. Can't trust them to even get it close these days.

Why not ! Glad for ya.
Dang , I would be turning it back on since yesterday,
but I spring cleaned it last weekend. Hard to believe in june.

Luckily I have held out on the Spring cleaning. Still some left in the hopper. Going back on this evening.

Sigh

I am with ya on that one. Turned mine back on. Better to be comfortable. My raised ranch just gets too humid unless I run the stove or a dehumidifier. The dehumidifier makes the air smell stale so I prefer the stove unless the heat drives us out.

Hey, up here in the Tundra you are never done heating. When you need it you need it. I still haven't cleaned mine out fully yet for the season either. I hear you on the damp mildewy conditions too. We have had lots of rain, flooding for the last 2 months and because of it all have to keep a couple fans in the basement to air it out. Weird year to be sure.

Yep -

Welcome to Summer in Maine! Fired up the Mt Vernon last night and tonight as well. Some places (like in the Southwest USA), get a day of rain. Good old Maine, we get a week (or more) at a time. No sun 'til Wednesday. Didn't we just do this for most of the month of May? Went from Winter into instant Summer! (And now, back again).

BTW, once again, the Old Port Festival gets a pile of precip. That event gets rained out more often than the Indy 500!

My Okies are coming next week! Spent all day Saturday cleaning out the garage, moving stuff around and making room for those puppies! Nothing else to do in the drizzle...OOB? Not a chance!

EarlyMan

Hello

I did the yearly spring cleaning on mine but temps are more mild in sNH here.

I can flick on the Gas Fireplace upstairs or flick on my electric heated hearth downstairs for a min if needed.

Of course I could switch the oil on for a while if I am desperate! Nah !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.