Poll - Are my FIL and MIL a little nuts??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Are my in-laws crazy to drive a total of 300 miles to get my son's toys?

• Yes - I would have simply bought new ones.

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • No - I would have done the same thing for my grandchildren

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Depends - How bored would I be on a -21C day?

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can easily see why they would take the drive. Sometimes it takes very little to decide they need to go for a drive somewhere and what better excuse than to help out a grandchild?

They were bored, not crazy.

They felt like they were being useful, and it gave them something to do to get out of the house. I'm not retired, but I work from home. I can relate to the need to get out and do something... anything!

-SF

dennis: You are likely right. They are a simple type and love to do thing for their 2 grandkids (my kids). And all things equal, they will likely be the only grandkids they will ever have.

SF: working from home can not be easy!!! And yes, I think you were right: it got them out of the house.

No matter the motivation, your son's grandparents are awesome people. Not crazy. May I suggest that you print and save this thread to show it to your kid(s) in about 15 years?

Great suggestion Gark.

They are some of the nicest/kindest people in the world. There's no doubt about it!!!!!!!!!!! But from my upbringing, doing something like that (going back to get a couple of toys that the kid has been attached to for a month) would be absurd. I am glad that I see the way some families really are!

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.