Poll for Magnum 6500 Users; how do you like your furnace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenWater

Aug 30, 2009
Catskills
Hey Folks,

I'm about ready to pull the trigger for one of these, but would first like to hear impressions from owners. I am particulalry intertested in your choice of fuel - corn, wood, or other. Would you say that this is a corn furnace that burns wood pellets, or vice versa?

Hiow much heat is radiated from the unit? Dealer says the unit is virtually oool to the toch on most surfaces, but I have read that the unit can radiate a lot of heat.

Is installation as easy as the dealer says?

And...could this be real? http://cgi.ebay.com/MagnuM-6500-Cor...in_0?hash=item27ab3ae4a4&_trksid=p4999.c0.m14

This unit on ebay goes for about $1000 less than what the dealer quoted.

Thanks for the help!!

Chris

Magnum 6500 w/ gold door list price is $3057.00 add $125.00 for back draft damper.The one on e-bay is $2695.00.
Add on furnaces can be a challenge to put in.They need to sit fairly close to your existing furnace,then you have to vent it,backdraft dampers at the pellet furnace and the existing furnace,return air needs to be hooked in and sized properly. Then you need to balance the system.To be done right this is not a job for a DIY project.Unless you just want to heat a shop and throw a elbow at the top and a filter on the back then vented out a wall. You can expect to pay around $2000.00 more for venting,dampers,electrical,sheet metal work and install. This post should be in the Pellet Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.