"Poll:" Gasifier users- please summarize your cordage use and heat load parameters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pybyr

Minister of Fire
Jun 3, 2008
Adamant, VT 05640
Now that I'm aiming to kick the oil habit as much as possible, and am investing in a system to do so...

... and also as I try to cut wood (dry dead hornbeam and quick seasoning white ash) at every non-rainy day that I have off...

... I'm very curious to hear from existing owners of downdraft gasifiers (Tarm, EKO, Econoburn) how many cords of wood you burn to heat your homes with- so thought I would start a thread on this topic.

Please also indicate rough sizing (square footage) and thermal characteristics (insulation levels, window condition, etc) of your home,

also- please mention, if your signature, user info, etc., does not mention it already, your location so that it's possible to get a sense of how the climate variable enters in to how much wood you use.

Thanks

Thanks Nofossil- I'd blundered around with the search function (generally try to before posting something brand new) but sometimes it is easy to find the needle in haystack, sometimes less so, and I had not come upon those threads- which are indeed very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.