Poll: Where do you get your wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
none of the above... I cut & gather my own firewood from National Forests.

I do 2 of them. I usually scrounge, but had a brand new little one last spring/summer so I bought 4 cords from a buddy who sold firewood. Next year's wood will be mostly scrounged with a little of the buddy's stuff on the tail end.

Matt

I get all of our wood from out in the woods. ;-)

I get some of my wood from out in the woods behind our house, plus some scrounging.

My own (few) trees can stay standing as a personal reserve for the future!!!

I watch the local CL, Freecycle and local paper for free wood. Local paper is rare to have anything but I just came back from checking out an ad that has some land which has a lot of oak tops after it was logged...should keep me busy and in good wood for a long time.

Scrounge, scrounge, scrounge.....wherever....whenever. Tree co, CL, side of road. If its hard and free,its for me ( all right - lets hear it !) ;-)

did anyone besides me win an iPad ?

:)

isn't there a "create poll" option on this forum anymore? I hate going off site to participate in a three choice poll.

How about I cut all or most of my wood on other folks property (for fun or profit). I'd call it enthusiastic scounging ; )

I've yet to see a profit but it does pay for saws and accouterments.

Mike P

Status
Not open for further replies.