Pond edges

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rustynut

Feeling the Heat
Jan 5, 2008
mid mich
How are you guys cleaning those pond edges ?....... looks like a park when its clean but what a chore...
rn

I leave mine uncut for a couple of feet from the pone - the wildlife likes it that way, and the frogs have shelter.

I'm still working on building the pond....

aeration is something it needs badly. that last cold winter killed off most of the fish. That was painful as I had some nice bass in there.
Do you have any options for aeration ?
rn

wish I could offer advice but I havent even touched my pond in 4 yrs, Last thing I did was put a couple geese decoys in.
Now that I think about it, it does look kinda untamed

17 ft in the middle... never had a problem until the 2nd 30 below winter...... we had a long stretch and I think that was the one.... also had a couple busted pipes.......brrrrrr it was cold..... rn

Status
Not open for further replies.