Poof! (video)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I love about you cat stove guys. You get all excited when you see a little fire in your stove. :lol:

Well, at least it looks like a real wood fire and not a burn tube gas grill look alike. :lol:

"Liquid fire".

Neat stuff!

Shari

Todd said:
Well, at least it looks like a real wood fire and not a burn tube gas grill look alike. :lol:

That is what makes me crazy about people that buy non-cats and think they need to burn'em that way. The 30 is just sitting over there loaded with the first fire of this season, with nice flames and no blowing out of the burn tubes bullshit and heating the joint. The mistake is everybody thinking they have to run the crap out of a non-cat. Ya just don't have to.

Hell, if you are going to buy a Woodstock stove why not buy the Classic? You don't have a fire to look at anyway. And you get more heat holding stone with the Classic.

I would love to have a cat stove. A cat wood furnace in the basement. If I ain't looking at a fire, put it in the basement. :coolsmirk:

BrotherBart said:
Todd said:

That is what makes me crazy about people that buy non-cats and think they need to burn'em that way. The 30 is just sitting over there loaded with the first fire of this season, with nice flames and no blowing out of the burn tubes bullshit and heating the joint. The mistake is everybody thinking they have to run the crap out of a non-cat. Ya just don't have to.

Hell, if you are going to buy a Woodstock stove why not buy the Classic? You don't have a fire to look at anyway. And you get more heat holding stone with the Classic.

I would love to have a cat stove. A cat wood furnace in the basement. If I ain't looking at a fire, put it in the basement. :coolsmirk:

Yeah, i get tired of watching the fire after about the first month of burning season. I could prolly get buy with the Classic but the wife wouldn't, the flames are romantic ya know!

I need to see flames in my stove. I love the slow rolling ones the best, still trying to get them to stay around awhile but I got nothin but time.

I want an entire stove made of ceramic glass!!! That would rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very cool vid!!

My Bk does that too, sometimes it will poof right in the middle, go straight up then split at the top, go left and right and back down the sides back towards the middle and dissipate, then do it again.

Looked like a nice warm fire Todd.

BB, I've still not tired of watching a good fire. That is why I have a Fireview rather than a Classic. No, we do not always have a flame in there but we can always get one if we want one! Nice choice.

Pretty cool at 18 seconds in...can you get heat burning like that? I dunno?

I just updated FF so maybe I'm not seeing what I'm expected to see.

savageactor7 said:
Pretty cool at 18 seconds in...can you get heat burning like that? I dunno?

I just updated FF so maybe I'm not seeing what I'm expected to see.

Plenty of heat coming from the cat. She was beet red and stove top was closing in on 700 til she erupted into flame, then the temp settled down to 550.

BrotherBart said:
Todd said:

Me being a newbie to the EPA stove equation, how do you suggest a non cat stove be fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.