Poor customer service at dealer for boiler and fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fint

Jul 16, 2008
Capitol Region, NY
If anyone from the Capitol Region of NY is in search of a fireplace or Tarm product, don't waste your time and intelligence by going to Matchless Stove and Chimney in Glenmont. We have been talked down to like we're stupid by them for the last time. They also promised me a quote, which was never delivered, then we stopped in and they were very patronizing.

Very dissatisfied and will never purchase or recommend anyone else purchase from them.

I went there looking a few months back and i swear they judged us as soon as we parked our pick up truck in the parking lot. We got the " you cant afford anything here" look. To top it off they ignored my wife and went by her to introduce themselves to me. Big mistake!!!! Our family joke is she brings home the bacon and i cook it....

My wife hates being treated like that....and she really notices when it happens...

That said, I don't want these boards (generally) to be used for dissing dealers because there that would get very messy (one dealer could sign on and dis his competition, etc.)...and also sometimes it is a salesperson (or even a customer) who is being the PITA.

Not saying it is true in this case.....

I can appreciate not wanting this to be a board just dissing a particular place...not meant to be negative. I (am a girl and get passed by all the time, as well as earn the bacon, and an educated consumer) just get upset when I am spoken to like I am an idiot. It's one of the only things that really bothers me.

Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations!

As I said, it bothers Martha to no end........she remembers years later when she was dissed like that. A guy at the car dealerships called her "sweetie" and proceeded to talk just to me.......you should have seen the look in her eyes!

I guess a little education for dealers would be a good thing - it is pretty much a known fact that women make many of the final choices in stoves!

Webmaster said:
As I said, it bothers Martha to no end........she remembers years later when she was dissed like that. A guy at the car dealerships called her "sweetie" and proceeded to talk just to me.......you should have seen the look in her eyes!

I guess a little education for dealers would be a good thing - it is pretty much a known fact that women make many of the final choices in stoves!

Just stoves???

MrEd said:
Webmaster said:

Just stoves???

Amen to that! My better half is currently deciding between a Toyota Highlander and a GMC Acadia. I've done the mechanically related research, SWMNBI is the person who will sit down at the desk with the sales guy and make the deal.

I pity the fool.

Webmaster said:
My wife hates being treated like that....and she really notices when it happens...

That said, I don't want these boards (generally) to be used for dissing dealers because there that would get very messy (one dealer could sign on and dis his competition, etc.)...and also sometimes it is a salesperson (or even a customer) who is being the PITA.

Not saying it is true in this case.....

Your point is indeed valid and I agree 100%. I have seen how smearing a dealer and/or a product can destroy the "harmony" on a forum like this.

That being said.............how does that thought mesh with the Adobe owners thread? Not saying that thread shouldn't be here as the issues seem to be universal among anyone who has had interaction with the guy and the product. Just curious.

The Adobe thread is about a manufacturer, product and brand....not about an individual store. I even expressed some doubt in that thread...but the weight of trying to save people from a 10K mistake won out. If Adobe was in business, answering their phones and email...and/or if we had some happy users, etc.....I would have mitigated that thread.

If Adobe had contacted me...and, for instance, told me that those complaining were the brother-in-law of his competitor, I would have reacted also.

In the case of a retailer like this, it is not that they took the money and ran...or sold an inferior product. It is just an opinion of the attitude.

So I guess you have it somewhat right - if the issue is universal......we have a rating area where folks can give experience with a dealer, but only a dealer they have bought from.....

Status
Not open for further replies.