Q&A Poor drafting of Temco zero clearance fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I recently installed a Temco zero clearance fireplace which does not draft adequately. I have re-checked installation specifications and even extended the chimney an additional 4 feet. Nothing seems to help so I found your page on the net and did some reading. I came across two products that might solve my problem but can not find a supplier. I would be grateful for your help locating:

Answer:

First- I assume you've tried an outside air inlet.T he Vacu-Stak will probably not do anything for you- as it only works when there is decent wind. If your problem is not wind-related- then it will not help.There may also be a problem with a chimney fan. The airflow of these double-wall chimneys is very carefully balanced- and an electric draft inducer may throw things off. Please call the Temco factory and speak to an engineer before attempting this fix. Field controls- well known in the plumbing and heat field- also makes draft inducers, but again most of these units are designed for masonry and packed (not air cooled) chimneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.