Poor stove blaze king

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fespo

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2005
South West burbs of Chicago
I have been thinking about changing out my Lopi for a Woodstock or a Blaze king. Well I missed the Woodstock Fireview yesterday for $200.00 , it need a little work but oh well. I was the second guy to respond. So tonight I find a Blaze King that looks like it never seen any dry wood. I don't what model it is but it needs a long hot fire just to burn everything off. Creosote even dripping don the back

00g0g_gFDutyiIvgb_600x450.jpg

That's pretty sad. Hopefully they are giving up on heating with wood.

Price?

I have been thinking about changing out my Lopi for a Woodstock or a Blaze king. Well I missed the Woodstock Fireview yesterday for $200.00 , it need a little work but oh well. I was the second guy to respond. So tonight I find a Blaze King that looks like it never seen any dry wood. I don't what model it is but it needs a long hot fire just to burn everything off. Creosote even dripping don the back

Buy or do not buy: You have my full support either way

Reactions: Wildo
Buy it, take it home, clean it, put a fresh coat of paint in it, and order a new cat. A little work and it will look almost like new.

It's a 10 year old King Parlor model, never had the cat changed or serviced.

That's a very long way to travel for you. You'll have $1,000 cash, a $270 cat, $30 in paint and a whole day in getting this thing home. Then the time it'll take to clean it up. It's not worth $1,000 to me, more like $750.

At least you know it hasn't been over fired, These stoves seem very simple construction, new cat, check the gaskets, check and make sure the by-pass operates.

At least you know it hasn't been over fired, These stoves seem very simple construction, new cat, check the gaskets, check and make sure the by-pass operates.
Under fired for 10 years can be just as bad with these stoves. That creosote is extremely corrosive and it really gets packed in these cat stoves.

Under fired for 10 years can be just as bad with these stoves. That creosote is extremely corrosive and it really gets packed in these cat stoves.

Not to mention the thing was probably burned with the bypass open, judging by the way it looks, and the gigantic wet rounds sitting there. If the cat is in there, it must be plugged solid. I bet there's no bypass gasket and the retainers are warped or gone.

$500 would be pretty generous.

It's a 10 year old King Parlor model, never had the cat changed or serviced.

You're familiar with the stove?

Not to mention the thing was probably burned with the bypass open, judging by the way it looks, and the gigantic wet rounds sitting there. If the cat is in there, it must be plugged solid. I bet there's no bypass gasket and the retainers are warped or gone.

$500 would be pretty generous.

You're familiar with the stove?
I talked to the guy. Said it had no issues the 10 years he used it.

Just had to leave the door cracked open full time :) I agree the Metal shell of the stove should be good... some new replaceable parts and you should be good to go...

Did he say if he was getting rid of it to get something Better??? Lol

He said he was moving? I offer him $400.00 I have not heard back,oh well I will search again tonight. I will find a king or soapstone yet. There was this one too
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/for/5203678522.html

Large soap stone wood burner (Shelby)
00K0K_x8AY3Dvfiz_600x450.jpg

6130.png
6130.png
6131.png
6131.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

safety tips

Paid over 3500 for this stove 2 years ago looks good and works good just I want to go back to a steel wood burner asking 1500 is extremely heavy so will need help if u buy it text 219 three 0 8 zero 8 seven 0 thanks pictures up on request

Looks like a Mansfield. It's a great rock heater.

He's asking a very fair price of $1500 and you offered $400 sight unseen? I doubt you will ever hear from the guy. That's an offensive offer, I'm sorry, it is.

I did call on the soap stone and asked for a picture of the ID tag. He said it has been removed and cant find it?????

I did call on the soap stone and asked for a picture of the ID tag. He said it has been removed and cant find it?????
I can tell you this, it's much older than 2 years old. More likely 10 from the few clues I see.

I can tell you this, it's much older than 2 years old. More likely 10 from the few clues I see.
How so? I note the duck feet but that change was just a couple years ago.

Is that a cracked stone on the bottom middle side?

Status
Not open for further replies.