Popping Tops Off Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Real humid up this way, so the plan today was getting some hemlock (blowdown) ready for milling then bringing out the last of the hemlock we milled yesterday. (four boards)

All the logs today are nine feet long, four total plus what is still up.

Looks like a new trail will go in behind the area I'm milling in so we can get to this area of our property.

zap

Attachments

• 100_3825-1.jpg
    100_3825-1.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 355
  • 100_3826-1.jpg
    100_3826-1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 376
  • 100_3829-1.jpg
    100_3829-1.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 389
  • 100_3830-1.jpg
    100_3830-1.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 398
  • 100_3831-1.jpg
    100_3831-1.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 387
  • 100_3832-1.jpg
    100_3832-1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 383
loon said:
cool pics again zap ;-) hot over here also ;-P

loon

I'm ready for some cooler weather, flash flood warnings here. How is Murph & Emma doing?

zap

zapny said:
loon said:
cool pics again zap ;-) hot over here also ;-P

loon

I'm ready for some cooler weather, flash flood warnings here. How is Murph & Emma doing?

zap

he is iffie but doing alot better... Me and Emma are sure bonding lately :lol:

thanks for asking eh!!

and ya the rest of the weekend here sucks for rain :shut: good luck with that flooding crap ;-)

loon

Nice lumber!

woodsmaster said:
Nice lumber!

woodsmaster, thanks. I was hoping we had more white pine down but this area looks like it's all Hemlock down.

zap

Loon, glad to hear MURPH is doing better, all you can do is make him as comfortable as possible. Shes muggy up here in Renfrew couty as well. Supposed to break tomorrow afternoon. Zap looks like he's having fun in the back 40.

rottiman said:
Loon, glad to hear MURPH is doing better, all you can do is make him as comfortable as possible. Shes muggy up here in Renfrew couty as well. Supposed to break tomorrow afternoon. Zap looks like he's having fun in the back 40.

rottiman,the last time I was back here we posted it. The snow was waist deep and the wife was up front breaking trail, I did tell my wife after that day a trail would be going in for the rhino, 3 years later I'm just starting. :coolsmirk:

zap

zapny said:
rottiman said:

rottiman,the last time I was back here we posted it. The snow was waist deep and the wife was up front breaking trail, I did tell my wife after that day a trail would be going in for the rhino, 3 years later I'm just starting. :coolsmirk:

zap

Looks like you might have a wet day in there today if your weather is anything like ours is right now. I ve got a mess back in our bush thanks to mother nature. Unfortunately workin 6 days a week and not alot of time to get @ it right now. hope to get @ some of it before the snow starts piling up this winter. Have fun.

Zap, I figured that muggy weather would hit you. It was awful here. Much cooler today and even cooler weather coming.

rottiman, some thunder boomers went south of us and this morning the weather looked bad so I changed a burned out bulb (signal) on the wife's car then changed a broken light on the back of the rhino. I thought about going back in the woods but the wind picked up.

Sav, I came in from the garage to grab some ice water and the temp was 86, came back in ten minutes later and the temp has dropped to 80. Looking forward to cooler weather.

zap

Sounds good Zap. It is 73 right now here and windy with partial sun. 61 forecast tomorrow for the latest forecast. Maybe I'll go out and hang some tree stands tomorrow. Maybe even today.

Status
Not open for further replies.