Porch Insulation(Floor)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainePellethead

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2007
Southern Maine
Hey all:

I have a question about some porch insulation in the floor. I'm glassing in my porch with some large slider windows. When done I am looking to maybe heat it but not all the time...I am going to put a nice cushion of insulation in the floor....would it be ok(without condensation build up) to staple a layer of poly over the floor insulation for added resistance to infiltration? If not, can someone give me some recommendations to what I can safely put over it.....thanks everyone.

Pook said:
hard dear. i guess u mean poly under fiberglass in floor.
i'd use tyvek or typar.

k....I was thinking tyvek at first.....but have a ton of poly...but I was thinking tyvek to for breathing purposes....am I right?

Put poly on warm in winter side, if you cant, put typar/tyvek on cold in winter side.

Cool.....thanks fir the input......bought some tyvek today....a bit pri$ey yike$ lol

Status
Not open for further replies.