Portable Wood Pellet Stove !!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH

Attachments

• PortablePelletStove.jpg
    PortablePelletStove.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,090
SmokeyTheBear said:
Ok, where does the venting go?

Hi Smokey

I cannot find a manual on it, but maybe the exhaust just goes under the garage door or stick out of the nearest window!!

Can u find any venting info on it?

Heh a full kerosene reddy heater is heavy enough to lug around a jobsite!

Veeeeeeeeery interesting, but heavy and pricey.

5" double walled vent required (various types can be used) but I was curious where the vent was attached at.

I can just picture someone whacking any venting with a pipe or length of wood.

Cool. Perfect for camping! NOT!

at 12lbs/ hr, I doubt that hopper would last long...

Very interesting idea, even if it hasnt been perfected. Just like that strange window mount pellet stove. It shows folks are thinkin at least.

summit said:
at 12lbs/ hr, I doubt that hopper would last long...

Hello Summit

12lbs per hour is the highest setting but with the big hopper it lasts 21 hours.

On the Lowest setting with the large hopper it lasts:

253 Hours or 10.5 days !!!

If you do a Craiglist search in the Toledo, Ohio area, there is a used one of these for $1,500. Found it a week ago. Believe I searched either "pellet stove" or "wood pellets". Didn't know WTF it was till I read this thread. And I'm still scratching my head a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.