Portage and Main and general questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious about the import cost when I was looking. could not get a definite answer on that. I guess that is why its hard to find a stocking dealer. that could be a bit of money to sit on.

With the low mass boiler after you light your fire there is a small section of time that there may be a little condensation but that is only a short period when the dreaded black acidic soup is formed and then it is quickly evaporated. It's not like the condensation instantly drills a hole in the water jacket upon formation. Following up on your scenario above, at the end of the burn there will be no condensation produced because the moisture that could condense on the walls is not being produced. Remember that water or moisture is a byproduct of combustion and at that point there is no fire so the walls will stay dry and hopefully if your burn is intense enough it will dry out and crisp all but a thin layer on the walls.

I didn't receive the updates that my thread had more replies. Thanks for the answer, this clears it up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.