Portage & Main Optimizer 250 Pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

altheating

Here are some P&M;Pictures

Attachments

• Front View-1.jpg
    Front View-1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 900
Refractory Gasification Nozzle

Attachments

• Gasification Nozzle-1.jpg
    Gasification Nozzle-1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,024
Rear View, (20 tubes x 5' x 1.25") 100' heat exchange tubes. 2 3" x 30" virtical heat tubes that come up from gasification chamber to meet first set of 1.25" HE tubes.

Attachments

• Rear View.jpg
    Rear View.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 908
altheating said:
Top Chamber

Is that a steel secondary injection baffle box. You all know my thoughts on steel in the secondary. Even if it is in the beginning of the chamber. OTOH, there is a European dd boiler, Kunzel I think has a "alloy" turbo nozzle which is probably some high tech ferrous material that is on the space shuttle too, being German and all.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not seeing any of the exchange tubes you were talking about in the rear view picture... All I see is a couple of doors, and the entire photo doesn't quite make sense to me... :-S

Gooserider

The steel grate sits on top of the beginning of the refractory nozzle. To keep the wood and coals from falling through. The pics of th rear portion did not come out well (to bright in the tent for a good picture)

Status
Not open for further replies.