Possible hemp pellets in the future ????!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I know about hemp is that I used to partake of a certain plant that contained it and boy did I feel good!!!!

Will the smoke from the pellets be inhaleable!

countk said:
The only thing I know about hemp is that I used to partake of a certain plant that contained it and boy did I feel good!!!!

Step away from the exhaust vent and put your hands on top of your head!

Sorry! Had to.

I bet I would have the busiest back yard, If I burned them! I'd be chasing them away! hehe!
jay

I'm not terribly surprised - Hemp is a great plant. It grows faste & makes great paper.

As a matter of fact, it makes such good paper, that in the 1950s, the wood pulp industry funded all that "reefer Madness" propaganda to make Marijuana illegal (and thereby get hemp paper off the market)

(FYI, I am not a fan of legalization, for the simple reason that the one drug that kills more people than all others combined is Alcohol. Because it's legal)

let us not forget how inconvenient its gonna be to buy pellets by the ounce instead of in 40lb bag

(FYI, I am not a fan of legalization, for the simple reason that the one drug that kills more people than all others combined is Alcohol. Because it’s legal)

Agree! Good point Anton, I never quite looked at it that way!

countk said:

OK this if for all you Ex DeadHeads out there in the forum-- Don't confuse industrial hemp( Cannabis Sativa L. ) with Cannabis Sativa ( marijuana), there's a big difference, legal and otherwise. I think I've figured out what some of you are doing on those long cold nights besides loading up your pellet stoves--- There's obviously some form of pellet sniffing going on.... LOL
There is a big market out there for hemp products, all legal too, even Hemp Coffee, beauty aids, pet supplies and wearing apparel.
I don't know how clean these hemp pellets would burn in our stoves but we'd sure have some happy stoves...
I did a search on Wipikedia and came up with info on hemp on this link :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp

Attachments

• 908.jpg
    908.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 850
Hey, Tylenol is made from coal tar, so we are all barking up the same tree.

Years ago when my bro did the coast to coast trip, he stopped by the hemp fields in Indiana....went on for miles. I guess it was legal to grown then...or they were simply abandoned fields what regrew. Of course, he filled up some trash bags.......that stuff worked just about as good as the German Shepard pooh that some folks sold as hashish.

:lol:

The placebo effect definitely works. Inhale a bunch of smoke of just about anything - and you will get a buzz......maybe just lack of oxygen........

dave1966 said:
hope the pellets are extra long that way they'll be easy to roll it's been a long time i'm out of practice
yeah like a couple days now

dave1966 - 23 April 2009 10:22 PM
hope the pellets are extra long that way they’ll be easy to roll it’s been a long time i’m out of practice

STOP!! my stomach hurts from laughing. Thats too damn funny.........or is it the pellets? hmmmm

Delta-T said:
dave1966 - 23 April 2009 10:22 PM
hope the pellets are extra long that way they’ll be easy to roll it’s been a long time i’m out of practice

STOP!! my stomach hurts from laughing. Thats too damn funny.........or is it the pellets? hmmmm

Ok Guys, you gotta' stop fixating on those " hemp pellets" or you're gonna' be in trouble with your Wives! You know how it goes, next thing you're opening the hopper lid on the stove and doing the " sniff inspection" on the pellets 40 or 50 times a day, then you're outside constantly inspecting the flue pipe exhaust for " excess gasses", then you really have some explaining to do when your wife asks you what happened to the 3 boxes of your kids Count Chocula cereal after a bout with munchie madness....

Attachments

• dog42.gif
    dog42.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 761
Pellet brownies anyone? How about a stove bong?

countk said:

I heard Harmen is working on a direct vent into the living space option for 2010!

On the less funny side of this topic.....Industrial hemp is one of those whacky argri-products that has a practical use for every part of the plant. Stock fiber for rope,paper,and fabric. Seeds for feed, oil, and great for those "rain stick" things. Funny how from the 30's on, it's been one of those things that almost every industry has tried to squish, because it is so useful and easy to grow. Remember in Caddyshack, when Bill Murry is making hybrid turf with Kentucky Blue Grass. Think of how drought resistant that stuff would be.

Now, as a dealer, not only do I have to worry about PFI certification, grade, fines, ash content, chlorides, moisture content, etc, but also have to worry about THC levels?! Look at the bright side though, we'll be having primo Hawaiian stuff for the first time! And then there will be the smugglers inporting bags of pellets......make a legal trade out of an illegal one!

lorne41 said:
countk said:

OK this if for all you Ex DeadHeads out there in the forum-- Don't confuse industrial hemp( Cannabis Sativa L. ) with Cannabis Sativa ( marijuana), there's a big difference, legal and otherwise.

yup. but to an untrained eye, the two plants look identical, and to make the cop's job easier, the Fed strictly regulates hemp production in the USA. you can buy hemp from _outside_ the US, no problem, but to grow it locally it is very difficult (legally speaking). There may be a few companies with permits to grow it, but not many.

So the hemp stalk grows long and straight like a fishing rod...and would be easy to chop in pellet sized peices instead of pounding the crap out of it. Anyone ever try burning a hemp stalk made into pellets this way? This sure would make things simpler.

Not too supprising.

Any biomass that can be pelletized will work for fuel.

I am considering getting one of the small pellet mills and making pellets from leaves and other biomass (grass and such)

If one does not mind a little work during the summer, a whole lot of good winter fuel is just laying around.

All the grass from your yard can be made into pellets, simply dry it and run it through the little pellet mill.

I know one local fellow who bought a small mil and he goes down in the fall and cleans up two of the local city parks.

All the leaves from the giant oak trees go right to work heating his house.

The city thinks its great that this fellow is volunteering to clean the parks.

Hmmmm if they knew what he was doing, they would probably want to charge him.

Hemp, why not

Snowy

I guess this gives new meaning to GRASS PELLETS?? Should make you a popular person to a certain group. If they are chep enough and give off decent heat i'd burn them.

Status
Not open for further replies.