Post a picture or two of the area where you live...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
satelite view

Default.jpg

yep I live in a B-2 bomber

I love that pond, did you dig that?If so how much of a pita was that? thinking of doing something similiar, half acre pond or so on my property.

my back yard

Reactions: Beer Belly
Aerial view
NewHouse004.jpg

Front / Side view
DSCN1397.jpg

Video of the back yard during a snowfall last year....to the left is currently lined with firewood, as is along the back fence line.....property goes back another 100ft. beyond the rear fence

All the pictures of nice places are making me want to move...agh.

Cold NH: how often are deer in your backyard?

Jags; I want your cabin! Have you had it a long time?

Beer Belly: I love the landscaping!!!! I am envious!

Beer Belly: I love the landscaping!!!! I am envious!
Thanks.....it's even nicer once the weather is warmer and everything blooms. A lot of these guys, and gals have some beautiful homes:cool:

Jags; I want your cabin! Have you had it a long time?
I had been going to a buddy's (two cabins away) for about 18 yrs. Mine went up for sale about 4 years ago and I never let it hit the open market. I owned it lock stock and barrel in about 5 days. Not many come up for sale. They don't usually leave the family or get outside of a close nit group of friends. It is my "happy" place.

All the pictures of nice places are making me want to move...agh.

funny, YOURS made ME want to move, lol. I love the lake, but our coast isn't quite that dramatic.

Reactions: raybonz
This is where I live, smack dab the middle of new england, hour north of boston, hour south west of portland, hour south of the white mountains. 10 minutes from concord NH, 15 from manchester, yet still rural and quiet. Love it here!

map.jpg

The homestead

310104_593853610860_1466286160_n.jpg

Trail a mile from my house from last week

565025_687708963980_1453888952_n.jpg

lake winnisquam, about 45 min north of the house where we like to go boating in the summer

575081_649042207470_1640902441_n.jpg

White mountains about an hour north

199873_672379324700_772821223_n.jpg

I cant find an aerial views of town... But if I did it would be pretty boring. A lot of trees :)

We live about 40 minutes west of Boston in a small old New England Town. Picture Norman Rockwell and you have our main street. the town was settled in the 1600's and formed as an independent town in 1724 by one of the early in honor of one of the benefectors of Harvard College - Thomas Hollis. We have a lot of old architecture from the colonial (pre-1790) and Greek Revival (1840-1860) eras.

The town is known for a few things, among then the "balancing rock", the origin of "Casey at the Bat" and old tavern that George Washington stopped into while traveling though the area.

I like that from my house I can walk to a pub (built in an 1840 RR station), small community supermarket, general store (open since the 1863), drugstore, 3 different coffee houses, bank, 2 pizza joints, 2 liquor stores, the hardware store, auto parts, etc. and the town beach.

map.jpg

The main street through town. This is a 20 minute walk.
washingtonstreet.jpg

Lake Winthrop and the town beach. About a mile and a half away.
Lake_Winthrop,_Holliston,_MA.JPG

3202-1.jpg

The Blancing Rock. Its said that George Washington's troops tried to tip it over on a march through town in November 1789...
Holliston-BalancingRock1.jpg

And then the general had a drink at the Littlefield Tavern.
littlfield1.jpg

78.jpg

And this is the view as you head down the street toward my house. Did I mention the trees? ;)
IMG_0802.jpg

I had been going to a buddy's (two cabins away) for about 18 yrs. Mine went up for sale about 4 years ago and I never let it hit the open market. I owned it lock stock and barrel in about 5 days. Not many come up for sale. They don't usually leave the family or get outside of a close nit group of friends. It is my "happy" place.
I NEED A HAPPY PLACE. RIght now my happy place is in the shower. LOL. I guess that happens when you have 2 young kids.

I have really enjoyed looking at the pictures on this thread, some beautiful places, thanks everyone, hoping for a few more yet.

Billy.

Jharkin: Now I know why I love the New ENgland States! I plan on taking a trip through there in the next few years with the kids. The last time I was down there was 9 years ago. It's been too long. Super nice/historical area!!

Reactions: jharkin
I NEED A HAPPY PLACE. RIght now my happy place is in the shower. LOL. I guess that happens when you have 2 young kids.

Kids love boats and beaches.;)

My wife and I love going to Traverse City MI, Manistee MI and Holland for vacations Holland is 60 minutes away and Traverse City, Manistee areas 4 hours from where we live. Hear are some pics I took !

The flowers are Holland Tulip Festival and the rest are between Manistee and Traverse City MI.

Pete
A few of your pics look awfully familiar.

Pic taken out the back window. We are a few miles from downtown Syracuse.

Attachments

• February sunset.jpg
    February sunset.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 183
Status
Not open for further replies.