Post a picture or two of the area where you live...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lumber jack: I drove through there years ago when going to San Diego from kelowna. Very scenic drive...not many people know that there is an arid/desert climate in Canada !
Yes, it`s a well concealed secret that even many locals have never come to fully realize. We get fooled by the green fields and bountiful orchards and vineyards, yet without human irrigation it would all be nothing but sage brush and cactus.

Nice spot!

Who's VW van is that? And Subaru legacy? They know their vehicles ;)

Actually, those vehicles are two houses to the west of our A-Frame. They belong to a neighbor...We only have cars & trucks & motorcycles with US manufacturers' names. No offense meant, but our household doesn't drive Asian or European brands...

Gotcha. No offence taken. We won't get into that debate..lol. Buying a car is all about your experiences with that make. If you ever get a lemon you will likely never buy that brand again....

;lol When I got down to the picture of Murph, just below it said "Police horse on the beach @ Coney Island a few years ago"! Is that what she thinks?;lol

Winter 2011

March097.jpg

Police horse on the beach @ Coney Island a few years ago

Had a bit of snow yesterday, took a walk down the lanes near my home, took a few pics.
P1180031.JPG

P1180029.JPG

Do those few trees in the second picture actually stop the wind? ;) Nice spot!!!

Hi Swedishchef,
as you can see, quite a lot of open farmland in the area, dont think the line of trees in the pic stop the wind much, they are just along a drainage ditch edging a field.
You can just see a pipe on the left from a pump in the corner of the field. A nice part of the country and close to the Lake District which is very beautiful, you may have seen it in the film Miss Potter starring Rene Zellweger.

Billy.

Status
Not open for further replies.