Post photos of Garn install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tattooz

Jun 27, 2008
Maine
If you have them please post photos of your Garn install would really like to see the plumbing side of it!

Control box, pumps, piping ,

This photo is not mine and I hope the owner doesn't mind me using it but ..... WOW nice job.......
Garnwithdiamondplatesurround1.jpg

Yup, He did it up right..... I would love to see the rest of that building....

Quote - ..... I would love to see the rest of that building....

Me too! Great looking job.

Cheers

;-)

OMG what a great looking set up.
my install looks like ... well not that professional.
he must have a butler to keep it clean.
one question on the install of the Taco circ pump.
I was told that they should be installed in the horizontal position.
is this true?

I had the same thought looking at the pump. Perhaps certain models can be mounted vertical? I'm quite certain my 007 says horizontal only in the manual....

I thought the preferred orientation was vertical, pointing up. This is to minimize cavitation becuase any bubble want to go up and the circ just make them want to go up evern more. Pointing the circ down would be bad because the circ can counter the natural tendency of the bubbles and they can get stuck in the circ. Horizontal is ok, but the motor shaft must be horizontal with the electrical box on top.

Per taco "00" cartridge circulators " Circulator must be mounted with the motor in a horizontal position. it may be mounted vertically with the motor up provided that the system pressure is at least 20psi"

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.